Letter of Intent Instructions
As part of BIWFC’s 5th anniversary celebration in 2021, we invite applications seeking up to $25,000 (USD) from all who wish to contribute to the field of wildlife fertility control in one of the following ways:
- Public Policy
- Public Education/Stakeholder Analysis (i.e. hunters, veterinarians, ecologists, community leaders, and animal advocates) – includes community outreach and engagement
- Feasibility Studies and Cost
- Proof of Concept studies including, but not limited to, new agents, recombinant agents, controlled release technology, identification and delivery systems
- Coordinated environmental controls
- Modelling Systems
Applicants must submit a letter of intent (LOI) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 8, 2021, 11:59 PM (EST).
The LOI, written in English, not exceeding two pages with all margins being at least 1” and with font size being no smaller than 11, shall include:
- Title of project and grant category
- Name of applicant
- Country of citizenship
- Applicant’s position and institution (if applicable)
- Current and permanent mailing address
- Current and permanent e-mail address
- Indicate which grants category you will address
- Project synopsis – A specific statement about how the project advances an understanding of wildlife fertility control, its relation to needed public policy, or advances the field of wildlife fertility control through innovation, emerging best practices, or new technologies. (not to exceed 100 words)
- What is the key outcome/product that will result from the proposed project?
- Amount of money requested and budget (USD). Please also indicate external funding secured or committed.
- Proposed start and end dates of project
- Where did you hear about the BIWFC grant program?
Please visit the BIWFC website Grants Page to learn more about our grantmaking philosophy as well as what we do and do not fund.
If you are invited to submit a full proposal, your Letter of Intent will also serve as your Proposal Summary.
Your proposal will be evaluated based on the completeness and appropriateness of your responses to each of the elements of the proposal narrative, the completeness and appropriateness of your budget and budget narrative, the completeness of your grant application package, and adherence to all requirements. Please click here to view the Grant Proposal Instructions.
For further information or questions, please contact Monique Principi, BIWFC Managing Director, at email@example.com.